The Neti Pot is a Yogic Tool that has been used for thousands of years to help alleviate sinus and allergy problems. It can also help with colds and infections. If you have a cold use the Neti Pot a couple of times a day to help flush out any infection. This practice also has a soothing effect on the mind and is often used before meditation.
- Fill your neti pot according to the instructions that came with it. (Use approximately one teaspoon of good quality sea salt per half litre of water.) If you experience any burning or stinging sensation there maybe too much salt in the mixture.
- Ensure the water is warm or room temperature and is either distilled, sterile or previously boiled.
- Tilt your head over a sink at approximately 45-degree angle.
- Place the spout in your top nostril and pour the water in – breath through your mouth.
- Dry the nostril by blowing the nose or exhaling out the nostril.
- If the water runs into the mouth or throat, adjust the position of the head.
- Repeat on second side.
Give it a try and let me know how you go!