We are primates and part of nature, so to access deeper and more stable energy reserves we need to align with the rhythms and energies of Mother Nature. In a nutshell ancient wisdom teaches us that to deepen energy five points are important:
- Adapt to the Daily Rhythms of Nature; align your internal circadian rhythms with that of nature, rise around the time of the sun, wind down earlier in the evening. Eat your largest meal in the middle of the day when digestion is strongest.
- Adapt to the Seasonal Rhythms of Nature; become aware of the weather outside and adapt the body to suit, for example when it’s cold and damp eat warm and nourishing foods, eat seasonally. (Common sense that’s not that common.)
- Access the Subtle Body regularly; use breath and movement to tune into your interior space and energy.
- Listen to your bodies’ natural intelligence; you have all you need within.
- Simplify and slow down; create more space in your life to create more space in your mind.
Living in an urban jungle, it’s easy to override Mother Nature and her rhythms. Artificial forms of energy help with a quick fix, but operating like this long term will eventually lead to dis-ease in the body. Practices such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Meditation are the first steps leading to Subtle Body awareness. This awareness will help you align to the rhythms of nature and amplify your energy. Inhale deeply, then exhale…